FAQs: Compensation

We have just moved to a house and there is an electricity pole in our garden which is obstructing our chances of future development, what can we do?

New and existing power lines, telephone cables, fibre optics and pipelines all attract compensation for the land or property owner affected by these apparatus depending on the agreement in place (if any) and agreed with the owner/operator of the apparatus.

Poles, pylons cables and pipelines can all be moved subject to the right negotiations. In the above scenario, there may be several options available, burial, diversion or compensation.

If you're looking for great property advice, please contact us today to discuss your requirements, or complete our survey enquiry form if you'd like to book a property survey.